Studying in Magdeburg
10 good reasons to study computer science in Magdeburg:
1. Students of the Faculty of Computer Science are individually supervised:
- You will get help with your start into your studies through the preliminary courses, the introductory week and the mentoring program
- individual counseling by the study course advisor
- Answers to all questions regarding the organization of your studies and examinations are available at any time at the examination office
2. Interdisciplinary work is done in Magdeburg:
- All FIN courses include courses offered by other faculties of the University of Magdeburg (e.g. psychology, pedagogy, physics, mechanical engineering,...)
- one semester of professional internship is mandatory for all FIN students
3. There are no study fees in Magdeburg:
- all students have to pay only 129,90€ semester fee per semester
- this already includes a semester ticket for bus and tram in Magdeburg
- in contrast to comparable universities (e.g. Passau - 500€, Karlsruhe - 527€)
4. Cooperation with large companies and research institutions:
- FIN's cooperation with large companies such as BMW, Telekom and SAP makes it easier to find a part-time job, internship or the job of your dreams.
- First experiences in science can be gained not only at FIN, but also at the Fraunhofer Institute or the Max Planck Institute.
5. Very good equipment with computer technology
- The 24h-access to the FIN building allows undisturbed work in one of the labs even at night.
- For fans of fresh air, there is WLAN on the entire campus and of course in the FIN as well.
6. A dedicated team of professors awaits you in Magdeburg:
- Professors and research assistants are very easy to contact.
- By mail you usually get an answer within 24 hours.
- Professors and research assistants are often available to answer students' questions about papers, projects, and internships, even without a specific appointment.
7. Participation in exchange programs with foreign universities:
- close cooperation with the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point site, USA (Dual Degree Program)
- Semester abroad are possible without complications due to ERASMUS/SOCRATES agreements of the university.
8. Outstanding research results of Magdeburg's computer scientists
9. Life in Magdeburg is inexpensive:
- Rents in Magdeburg are relatively low (room in a shared apartment from 140€ or one-room apartment from 200€)
- Also bars and pubs are comparatively cheap.
10. Magdeburg offers a wide range of free time activities:
- extensive range of sports offered by the university sports center
- Bars and pubs at Hasselbachplatz as well as discotheques provide a varied nightlife
- barbecueing and simply switching off is possible in the many parks (e.g. Elbauenpark, Nordpark, Rotehorn-Park)
- What else is going on in Magdeburg you can find out at: http://www.urbanite.net/de/magdeburg/